With Summer right around the corner, children will be spending more time outdoors.
Research shows that the more exposure you’ve had to sunlight, the higher your risks are of developing age-related eye problems like Cataracts and Macular Degeneration.
It is important to protect the eyes against the harmful Ultraviolet Radiation by wearing the right type of sunglasses.
Here are some tips for choosing the right type of sunglasses for your children:
- Choose Impact-resistant lenses: Polycarbonate lenses are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than standard plastic lenses.
- Choose Large, close-fitting frame.
- Choose “Unbreakable” frame material: Look for children’s sunglasses that have flexible frames to avoid breakage.
- Choose a frame with spring hinges.
- Buy an elastic band: An elastic band that attaches to the end of each of the frame’s earpieces can help prevent loss or damage.
For more information, or the perfect pair of sunglasses for your children, visit us at Romin Optical.